Monday, January 14, 2008

Working from Home

As a person with physical difficulties, the weather can cause me a challenge to get into the office. My position at my company and the infrastructure allows me to work remotely from my home. The applications that support are available over the internet and the company network is accessible by using a communication tool. This arrangement was originally set up to allow limited access for accessional email lookup. The applications became more sophisticated allowing easy access to main systems.

This became very important over the summer last year. My office area had a renovation that took one and a half months to complete. I was able to work from my home during this time while my office was worked on. This allowed me to pack and unpack my office only one time. I was more productive because the time for setup and taking down the temporary office was used working on the project.

More team members utilize this method of remotely working from home. There are many a day when the team receives an e-mail with the subject containing “WFH” meaning Working From Home.

No comments: